That Girl from That Team

LEARN. DO. TEACH. REPEAT.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Monthly Workout/Cookout Event

[[ I know I've mentioned this event before but I never really got into detail of what it is and how it became to be. ]]

It all started in September 2009 when a group of friends got together and decided to have a monthly beast workout followed by a healthy potluck lunch.  The workout would be led by one person and the rest of the group would follow.  It would be the hardest one hour of your life but it would be quite the accomplishment once it was over.  As of today, the group consists of Beachbody Coaches, fitness junkies, friends and strangers alike.  It is open to everyone of all ages and fitness levels and it is absolutely free.  

I was blessed to have been invited in January 2010 to their 5th workout/cookout event and have since been great friends with everyone.  It was actually this very day, on January 16, that I turned my health around completely!  Little did I know I would end up meeting the best support group who not only holds me accountable to my fitness goals, but who motivates and inspires me to be the best version of myself.  These friends have now become family and I couldn't be more thankful!

Last weekend marked our 27th monthly workout/cookout! The format of our workouts this past year have varied and have been led by different people in order to keep things fun and exciting.  This time around we had 5 stations in which we pushed ourselves to our personal limits with each individual exercise in that round.  We went through the stations two whole times before taking a minute break, then we started a new round of moves.  I believe we ended up going through 4 or 5 different rounds before the final push, which was a repeat of every round one time without stopping.  All I could say was, "oww", but the feeling of getting through the workout felt absolutely amazing.

Although our group this month was unusually small because a few of us were out of town or moved to California (ahem, Kim and Derek!) we had a blast!  We also had Candice and Marie from NJ/NY visiting for the weekend so that was a special treat.  

Here are some pics to capture the event ::

The Ladies before working out



In line for the first move



Everyone working out in their own stations



Me in action -- high knees!



Pushing each other throughout each round



This is a cool shot with my legs in the air haha



Focus, Focus, Focus!!



Get it!!



"Do your best and forget the rest!"



Ball pushups -- they look funny but they are killer



I was definitely in the zone haha



Get lower, push harder, do just one more!  



Goofing off  =P



Like family, brothers helping each other out


Rawrawrawrwarrrr this is us getting our 2nd wind before the final push!



Oh my goodness, much needed stretching afterwards 



Catching a breather and drinking some recovery drink


The group before we started to grub =))



If you've never been to one of our group workouts and are interested in getting healthy, learning about fitness and proper nutrition, or you need some friends to push you and motivate you, then by all means shoot me a message or add me on Facebook.  We are all here with open arms trying to save this nation, one person at a time.  

No comments: