That Girl from That Team

LEARN. DO. TEACH. REPEAT.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday Coaching

Failure is good.  It's fertilizer.  Everything I've learned about coaching, I've learned from making mistakes.
-Rick Pitino


It is true, Wisdom comes from experience.  As we go through life making mistakes and learning lessons we gain so much more than knowledge.  We gain appreciation for our experiences, good or bad, because they make us who we are today.  We gain the ability to understand and relate to others who are going through similar situations.  We gain better judgment and learn how to avoid negative outcomes and seek positive ones.  And we gain strength for that which does not kill us makes us stronger.

In life, we find ourselves being coached by our parents, our grandparents, our aunts and uncles, our friends, our teachers, our managers and sometimes even by strangers.  We're coached on life, sports, class, friends, you name it.  But we also find ourselves coaching others, whether we realize it or not.  I've found myself listening and giving advice and guidance to people I've known for years and people I've only recently met. 

Although I am only 25 years old, I have found that age doesn't always play a factor in experience and wisdom. When you feel like you really know something, that you believe in something deep, deep down, it's not hard to share that knowledge with others.  We are all coaches and it is our responsibility to teach others what we learn because our wisdom becomes that much more valuable.

I am a Beachbody Coach because I genuinely believe in our mission of helping people achieve their goals and enjoy a healthy, fulfilling life.  I don't limit myself to only those in the Beachbody community, but I guide those in need of help outside of our company too.  I may not be a guru, but I've most definitely experienced many ups and downs with both nutrition and fitness which has led me to believe that I can relate to a great number of people who face constant struggles.  I know for a fact that there are some people who can benefit from my mistakes.

You don't need to be perfect or be an expert to potentially help someone else.  Be you and stay true to your beliefs because you never know who you are going to touch and who you may very well save one day.

No comments: