That Girl from That Team

LEARN. DO. TEACH. REPEAT.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday Mindfulness

Take the time today to reflect upon your day, your week, and even your month.  Has it been all that you had hoped for?  Were there obstacles that you weren't quite prepared for that threw you off your path?  Have you overcome them or are they still holding you down?  Moving forward, what are you going to do the same and what are you going to do different?  It's not too late to make this a really good day, a really good week or a really good month.  So think about it: what can you do now to make things better?  Now stop thinking and go do it.

It's important to reflect because no one can do it for you.  If you want to make the most out of your life then you have to be willing and able to grow, and the only way to grow is to take all the good, the bad and the ugly and learn from them.  Pick and choose those people, those habits, those foods, and those priorities that actually get you somewhere in life.

Thanksgiving is coming soon so are you ready to give thanks?  I can only hope that you are thankful on a daily basis, and if not then start now.  Focus on the things that you have as opposed to the things you do not have.  Focus on all the amazing people that you've met throughout your life and those who are still in your life.  Focus on all the positive characteristics that define you as a beautiful being, be it your strength, your love, your smile, your voice, your hugs, your passion, and/or your skills of all kinds.  Train your mind and heart to focus on greatness because you deserve it.  

You deserve to be happy, to feel worthy, to be loved unconditionally.  And you are.  You just don't know it yet.  But first and foremost, you must reflect.  Reflect and forgive, reflect and learn, reflect and rejoice, reflect and live on.



Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me
"Son stop fighting a fight, it's already been won."

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain
Now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed, I am redeemed

No comments: