That Girl from That Team

LEARN. DO. TEACH. REPEAT.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Food Addictions

I'm not going to lie, I have many cravings and a few particular addictions when it comes to foods.  If you know me at all then this will be of no surprise to you :

1.  FRENCH BREAD


If my family had to choose which ONE carb they would want to eat for the rest of their life, then I know for a fact that my dad would choose noodles and my mom would choose rice.  Me?  I would choose bread.  I'm obsessed!!  And of all the breads in the world I am particularly fond of French bread.  No, it's not because I'm part French haha.  I think it has a lot to do with its texture that is nice and crunchy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside.  Oh, and croissants come second.  Hmm, maybe I'm more French than I thought haha!


4.  CHEESE


Cheese.  My favorite word.  My favorite snack.  My favorite condiment.  My favorite emotion.  My favorite type of joke.  My favorite type of movie.  All kinds and every kind.  I think that Brie cheese has been my top choice for as long as I can remember and Muenster is my favorite cheese for sandwiches.  No matter the smell or color or texture though, I am always down to try new cheeses.  Mhmmmm I'm so cheesy <3  And fine, I admit it.  I'm not even Asian anymore.


3.  BACON


Everyone knows that I love, love, LOVE meat.  In fact I am probably one of the biggest meat lovers you will ever meet!  [[ Meat! Meet! Haha, I crack myself up! ]] Anyways, steak has been my favorite food since the 4th grade, hands down.  But it seems that for the past two years my addiction to meat has expanded much further than steak and ribs.  I seriously think I love bacon more than my dog does... is that bad??   


4.  CHOCOLATE


Maybe it's a girl thing?  I don't know.  A lot of guys love chocolate too, but they may not "need" it the same way we do.  Chocolate is my hero.  There isn't all that much more to say.  Except my order goes like this:  white chocolate (only in small dosages though), dark chocolate with nuts, Nutella, plain dark chocolate, Chocolate Shakeology, milk chocolate with nuts/caramel/fluff (basically all those terrible chocolate candies that sell everywhere), plain milk chocolate.  Yeah, I think about chocolate too much.  I know.


5.  VEGGIES


Especially the green ones.  Especially the crunchy ones.  Especially the ones that taste awesome raw.  One of my many nicknames is "Rabbit" for a good reason!  I don't know what my parents did right but I absolutely love all fruits and vegetables.  I seldom encounter others who will order "extra [enter veggie here]" anywhere and everywhere they go.  But I'm a different story.  Even if I go to a bar and drink water or cranberry juice, I'll order a plate of celery and carrots (or two, or three) to go with it.  I'm ridiculous, I know.  I'd say my order of favorites goes something like this: mushrooms (all kinds), avocado (wait, that counts more as a fruit doesn't it?), onion, artichoke, asparagus, broccoli (cooked please), spinach, squash, tomatoes (another fruit, yes?), celery, carrots... and, I think I'll stop there for your sake.  The bottom line is that I'm in love with all that Mother Nature has provided us.  I really am.

I love how my Top 3 list turned into my Top 5 haha.  As you can see, I have no problem with eating.  A lot.  Of everything.  Now, as you know moderation is key.  I enjoy all of these foods in decent amounts and try my best not to go overboard with any of them (except maybe the extra serving of veggies).

I am putting myself out there because I know my weaknesses for these foods but they don't make me weak.  Why?  Because it is all about self-control.  It is about enjoying life and enjoying it in the best way possible.  I am human, very very human.  I am also very much a girl during my "time" and I am not ashamed to admit that I give in a little more to my cravings during that time.


Still, I know that as good as foods taste, being fit feels way better.  
Be smart with your choices, sweat once a day and indulge in your favorite foods in small dosages.  CHEERS!

Note :: All of the above pictures were Googled.  [[Just like Chalene Johnson suggested I do for everything.]]

No comments: