That Girl from That Team

LEARN. DO. TEACH. REPEAT.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

THE BIG CAT!!


I apologize for the delayed recap of my first figure competition but I have been non-stop with my training considering my next competition is just 4 days out!  Yes, I know you're wondering who would want to compete twice in a row with just a week in between, but I figured if I was going to challenge myself then I would have to go all out!!  So without further ado, here are my thank you notes and pictures recapping the epic event that was my very first figure competition.  


THANK YOU

To the Universe:  First and foremost, for blessing me so kindly.  Though there have been struggles along the way, I recognize my personal growth and development as the power of my mind and heart shift with the everchanging seasons that is Life.  I recognize this yet I no longer recognize myself and that is far from a bad thing.  I stand with pride and I welcome challenges as they may come.  This year, 2012, has been the biggest, most impactful year yet.  The theme :: Getting Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable.  I am thus a winner.

To all my family and friends: I thank you for your constant love and support.  Despite the distance, your high spirits and blessings kept me strong and focused during the show.  I felt you all cheering me on from afar and I smiled as if you were all physically screaming amongst the audience.  Your kind words on FB, IG, and Twitter, along with the calls, voicemails, texts and emails lit me up like a Christimas Tree.  You filled me with pure joy and I was and am beyond grateful.

To all my special helpers, including but not limited to my esthetician, hair stylist, makeup artist, tanning artist, suit designer, photographer, cheerleaders, professionals in the health industry, and gym rat homies:  Thank you for all the advice, the networked contacts, the answered questions, the beautiful designs, and the time and effort you put into making me as beautiful as I was the day of the show.  Without you, my transformation would not have been nearly as successful as it was.

To my trainer:  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You believed in me from the get even when I didn't believe in myself.  You dealt with my complaints and excuses at the beginning and were as patient and understanding as any good teacher would be.  You taught me so much about weight training, nutrition, and the power of the mind.  You guided me and never let go of my hand even when I felt I was slipping.  You were my best cheerleader when I needed motivation, my ear when I needed to vent, my role model when I needed someone to look up to.  You were proud of my achievements as I grew stronger both physically and mentally, and you made me proud as I proved myself wrong with every new personal best.  Your selfless acts speak volume and I don't know what I did to deserve this honor of being one of your many trainees, but I love it and I appreciate it.  I truly thank you, again and again.


PICTURES

Hair, makeup and tanning done early in the morn.  I don't even recognize myself.

I got assigned my fave number #16!!  Woot woot!
Backstage with my trainer.  =))

My trainer told me to strike a pose for his FB haha
  
Prejudging!  Out on stage for the first time!

After the prejudging, we got to hang out for a couple hours

What a beautiful day!!

I finally get to eat, and carbs at that!!  Yummy cajun wheat penne with chicken =))
I got to also "drink" 4 ice cubes.  Cool.  LOL.
Thank goodness for such a wonderful support system though.
Thank you for coming out Kathy and for bringing your family, too!

After being carb-depleted, I'm suddenly hyper lol

With a couple hrs to relax, we decide to all take a nap...
of course I'm still hyper and my nerves have got the best of me so I'm now the only one not actually napping.... Instead, I'm taking pics and giggling about my half-tanned feet hahaha...

Yayayayyyy!  I got 4th place.  Not bad for my first show.
I'm proud of myself for following through and facing some of my biggest fears.

Backstage talking to some of my new friends.
These fellow competitors were such sweethearts!

Oh yes.  Treat meal FTW!  Delicious burgers and sweet potato fries at Red Robin!
This dinner was well-earned by all 3 of us after such a long day haha

After knocking out hard core, we all woke up to a gorgeous
morning and headed back home to VA.  This entire weekend was
full of blessings both big and small.  Cheers to entering a whole new world!  =))



No comments: