That Girl from That Team

LEARN. DO. TEACH. REPEAT.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thirsty Thursday

I am 2 days out from my second competition.  I know I had 1-2 days of carbs and lots of water after last Saturday's Big Cat, but I am feeling a lot more drained from this week's carb and water depletion than I did before the first show.  I just have to hang in there for 2 more days and I'll get to puff up again haha.  All I really want right now is an ice cube.  OMG.

My moods are swinging like crazy but I'm training hard as always.  Last night was really tough though with it being my last real workout before this weekend's Shawn Ray competition.  I worked my upper body with supersets and giant sets and ended up with watery eyes as I mentally and physically struggled to keep focused.  It took me a couple minutes to gather myself and kick things back into gear.  I took some deep breaths and was determined to finish the workout I had started.  Needless to say, the entire gym heard me scream as I killed the last of my exercises.  (Hey, you do what you gotta do!)  

So, half the time I write out my workouts in my journal and the other half of the time my trainer does it for me.  Usually those days are when I'm working my upper body and my hands are too numb to write anything legible anyways hahaha.  I opened up my journal this morning to start logging my nutrition for the day and to my surprise I saw this note he wrote!


"Great work tonight!  I know you struggled with carbohydrate depletion and accompanying emotions, but you pushed through the pain and completed the hardest of your upper-body workouts to-date. No one works as hard as you, or does what you do, day-in and day-out, and it shows.  Keep up the good work and success will surely follow."  - Trainer

This put a big smile on my face because it's just really nice to be reassured that all my efforts are being acknowledged and appreciated.  I had my moment but I snapped out of it when I needed to.  I have definitely come a long way both mentally and physically since I began my life transformation in January 2010, and I have made exceptional progress this year if not the last 2 months alone.  I am proud.

Thank you, Grant, for everything.

"To live an epic life we must be willing and able to make epic changes and sacrifices."
 -- That Girl

No comments: