That Girl from That Team

LEARN. DO. TEACH. REPEAT.

Monday, October 29, 2012

NPC Shawn Ray Grand Prix!

My, oh, my... where do I even begin??

1)  Within 7 days I have challenged myself to face 7 of my life's biggest fears and weaknesses and have competed in my first 2 bodybuilding competitions.  
2)  Within 9 weeks of weight training for the first time, I have completely transformed my mind and body's shape, size, strength and power.
3)  Within 1 year, I have grown up immensely, moreso than I ever imagined could be possible in such a short period of time.  This personal development has never felt so good.  

The words "Thank You" don't even measure up to the gratitude, the appreciation, the absolute love I feel right now.  I cannot say it enough, but I thank my Mother, my Father, my family, friends and lover for everything.  Without you all, I would be a lost star in the night sky.  Without you all, I would be small and insignificant.  But I am big, I am bold and I am beautiful now that you have given me purpose.  I will continue to serve, I will continue to grow and I will continue to inspire.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

With Shawn Ray's show being my 2nd competition, and the first nationally qualifying at that, I knew very well that I was going up against women who have been training for years and who have much more experience over me.  I wasn't scared though.  Why?  Because I know that to get anywhere in life we must be brave enough to take those first steps.  I know that in order to be better we must surround myself with the best of the best.  I know that we must learn from the leaders and lead ourselves, accordingly.  And I know that if I plan on winning 1st place one day, I need to expose myself and get known in the bodybuilding world.  

Well, guess what?  I will be known and I will be great.  I believe it with all my heart and as long as there is Heart, nothing is going to get in my way.  That's determination for ya!



To my left: Frank Robinson from The Mouth & The Muscle and IFBB Pro Shawn Ray
To my right:  Promoter and IFBB Pro Rich Siegelman


Note:  More pictures to come so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jim Wyatt said...

You are definately inspiring!! YOU go girl!

That Girl said...

Aww thanks, Jim! No one ever leaves comments on my blog posts so this was a pleasant surprise. Thank you kindly for all of your support! And YOU, my friend, are quite the inspiration yourself. Let's change the world one body, one mind, one soul at a time. =))