That Girl from That Team

LEARN. DO. TEACH. REPEAT.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday Mindfulness

Dear Diary,

     This past weekend was quite an experience, let me tell you!  Never have I ever faced so many challenges of various types in such a short period of time.  From disciplining myself daily with nutrition, workouts and sleep ("A" for effort that is) to saying "NO" to countless outtings with friends (in order to avoid temptations and prioritizing my training over miscellaneous socials) to pushing myself to my limits physically (and knowing no one else in the gym was working nearly as hard as me) to believing in my potential to getting more and more comfortable in my own skin (one of the toughest challenges) to facing my stage fright and vulnerably presenting myself in minimal "clothing" (if you can even it that) in front of a large crowd... I mean the list goes on and on....


Pride.  Joy.  Strength.  Beauty.  Love.  Comfort.  Surprise.  Confidence.  Acceptance.  Connectivity.   Growth.  Enlightenment.  Belief.  Happiness.  Accomplishment.

     I was so blessed to experience all of these things throughout this journey.  What amazes me is the fact that so much can happen in a matter of time when you have focused goals, a legit game plan, dedication, heart, passion, and of course a healthy support system.  None of this would have been nearly as successful had it not been for my trainer, friends, family, coworkers, Michael, God and of course Bella.  Words cannot describe how thankful I am.

     Granted I won 4th place out of the 5 in my Class A, but it was still 4th!  I didn't come last and it was technically out of 15 figure competitors.  I was not only the only Asian to compete at this show but I was also the only "newbie" out of all the figure girls.  I have much to be proud about and with or without an actual medal (which is that beautiful eagle award pictured above) I would have come out a winner regardless.

    A winner is one who gains more than they lose and there is no doubt in my mind and heart that I actually came out as the 1st place winner this weekend.  Cheers to this monumental chapter in my life.  I'm excited and ready to turn the page for this is only the beginning of a wild, wild journey!!

No comments: